Thursday, March 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We are loving being home!!
Iylah
was so excited to have Josiah home too. A few days before Josiah came home, Iylah said that she wanted Josiah to stay at the hospital. For the most part she has been very loving towards Josiah... except for that comment. However, I cannot expect differently because in her eyes I bet she expects that all babies are in the hospital with tubes for months on end. Her experience with Josiah is all she knows. Well I was pleasantly surprised when Iylah was trilled to see Josiah home. She continues to try to hold, comfort, hug and feed Josiah. Oh and she tries to smash is eyes shut when she thinks he should be sleeping.
Between Josiah and Iylah, I am kept very busy. I thought that having one was a handful! Now I realize that having one was nothing compared to having two (also with one being more dependent than the average newborn).
Josiah continues to sleep through the night. That is great except for the fact that he needs to eat. Most babies will wake when they are hungry, however, Josiah likes his sleep. When Josiah is awake and hungry he nurses, but when he is sleeping we just tube feed him. So through the night we wake up to give him feedings though his tube. The change of coming home was a little stressful for him, but not as much as I anticipated it would be. Josiah left the hospital weighing 7 lbs 8.6 oz. We have a doctor's appointment on Saturday for a general check up where we will weight him again.
As for Craig and I, we are loving being home together as a family. There is a HUGE load of stress lifted off our shoulders now that we are not trying to manage our time between staying at the hospital with Josiah and spending time together at home.
Josiah is still on oxygen. We were delivered many cans of oxygen to our home, so Craig says he is starting an oxygen bar out of our house... there will just be a cover charge of $10 to pay for our hospital bills... anyone interseted ;)
Pray that Josiah learns to nurse with all of his feedings sooner rather than later. Pray that he will not be dependent on all these tubes for much longer (oxygen and feeding tube). Pray that he gets more and more energy as he grows. Pray that I learn to manage my time better everyday. Pray that Josiah's heart heals on its own. He has two minor heart conditions that may heal on their own. However, if they don't he will have to have surgery down the road (they say this surgery is not too invasive, but we would love to not go through any more surgery of course). PRAISE that he is home!!!! With everything that has happened we have to rejoice with the small milestones, and then pray about the next obstacle.
We love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. yay! i bet josiah will heal faster at home with his whole family there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josiah is absolutely beautiful!! Such a handsome, perfect little baby boy. Big blessings come in small packages. We are so happy he is home and will continue to pray for the road to come. Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your baby boy is finally home with you. Your family is in my prayers. I know you here this from everyone, but TRULY if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Thanks for all the updates, I love to know how everything is going. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog